Individualised Pilates Sessions
1 to 1 Pilates provides an invaluable opportunity for doing precisely the Pilates which will help you reach your movement, strength or rehab goals. It can be used to make a thorough assessment of the way you move and each session will be planned with your particular needs in mind. Your level of strength and stamina and again, your goals and the final outcome that you have in mind, can dictate the choice of exercises and also the intensity and pace of the session.
If your main interest is Reformer Pilates, please visit my related page which talks about Reformer and other Studio equipment
If you would like to talk to Alison about 1:1 Pilates or book a session please contact her by phone or email.
Why Do Pilates on a 1-to-1 Basis?
- Some people simply prefer to have individual classes or to be in a smaller group.
- As a preamble to joining a regular class. You might be one of the significant group of people who feel a bit intimidated by joining a class. It might be the first time you have ever done an exercise class, or you have been injured and lost a bit of confidence. A 1 to 1 session can be a nice stepping stone to a group environment
- As a short-term intervention to target a particular injury, back problem or postural problem.
- To supplement regular classes using the sessions to fine-tune movements and understand the exercises more clearly.
- In order to make use of extra pieces of exercise kit that are not available in the community classes: Fitball (aka gym balls), Foam Rollers, dumbbells, weighted body bars (which are not as awful as they sound…!)
- We can use the Reformer and the other equipment. To be honest this is what makes the 1 to 1 Pilates really special. Please do read more about the Reformer, Wunda Chair and Spine Corrector
- We can focus on one body part more than another. Sometimes clients come with foot pain as their main difficulty for example, or lower back pain. We can devote some or all of the session to that thing. In a group class where the aim is to cover the whole body that focus is not possible
Live In Person Sessions and Live Virtual Sessions
Both of these kinds of live sessions are available.
With Virtual Pilates, I use the Zoom platform to teach and will email you a unique URL to access your session. They are surprisingly effective, provided I can get a really good view of you. One of the advantages of having been teaching for so long is that I have really learnt to understand how bodies tend to move and behave and that is tremendously useful when on Zoom. I can fill in a few gaps in my observation with learnt experience.
You would also have the option to mix the two formats depending on the circumstances.
Live and In Person sessions are at the LS8 studio. Basically, I’m sandwiched between the big TESCO on Roundhay Road, on one side and Potternewton Park on the other (and very near Gledhow Valley Road). The studio is in my home but has its own dedicated entrance and its own toilet/bathroom. 1 to 1 Pilates
The cost of a single 1 to 1 Pilates session is £45.
If you book a block of five, the cost is £200 (£40 per session).
If you book a block of ten, the cost is £350 (£35 per session).
Please note that for your first session (only) you are required to pay in advance.
For all of the sessions, if you cancel on day then we ask you to pay a cancellation fee of £20.
You can pay securely with your credit or debit card using the box immediately below. If you prefer to pay with PayPal, then you can do so by using the box further down the page. If you would like to speak to Alison before going ahead and making your booking please contact her by phone or email.
IMPORTANT: If this is the first time you have done Pilates with us, please can you fill out a very short Health Questionnaire before you attend class. (It only takes 2 mins). It is necessary for your safety, our planning and for our Insurance purposes.