1 to 1 Pilates provides an invaluable opportunity for doing precisely the Pilates which will help you reach your movement, strength or rehab goals. It can be used to make a thorough assessment of the way you move and each session will be planned with your particular needs in mind. Your level of strength and stamina and again, your goals and the final outcome that you have in mind, can dictate the choice of exercises and also the intensity and pace of the session.
Why Do Pilates on a 1-to-1 Basis?
- Some people simply prefer to have individual classes or to be in a smaller group.
- As a preamble to joining a regular class
- As a short term intervention to target a particular injury, back problem or postural problem.
- To supplement regular classes using the sessions to fine tune movements and understand the exercises more clearly.
- In order to make use of extra equipment that is not available in the standard matwork classes: Fitballs, Powerplate, Foam Rollers, Free Weights.
- The really special thing about these classes though, is that we can use the Reformer.
The Pilates Reformer is a truly marvellous piece of kit. It brings great versatility and diversity to the way in which you can train the body. The ropes, when attached to the arms or legs, means that you can work, push and pull against many different resistances. In addition, the carriage slides forwards and backwards so that you can push against that with the arms or legs. You can lie, stand or sit on the carriage or sit on top of a box on top of the carriage.
Have a look at the short video to get a better idea of the Pilates Reformer and how it is used.
So why use the Reformer as opposed to doing Matwork?
- Enormous amount of extra variety – positions, exercises,
- Add varying resistance, beyond simply using body weight.
- Less emphasis in lying supine, (that is, on your back) and performing exercises in spine flexion with your head off the ground or your head and legs off the ground.
- Develop core stability across a range of positions and movements.
- Our Reformers are roughly bed height – good for people who find it hard to get down onto the floor.
- The variety of resistance and working positions mean that it is ideal for people with back problems – there will always be exercises that are suitable and useful.
NEW FOR AUTUMN 2017: EXTRA STUDIO EQUIPMENT
Alison is now qualified to teach two other pieces of equipment – The Wunda Chair and the Spine Corrector. These will bring yet more variety and different ways to work and challenge your body during a 1:1 session.
Alison, Cristina and Louise teach in the LS8 studio.
Book 1 to 1 Pilates + Reformer
The cost of a single 1 to 1 Pilates + Reformer session is £40.
If you book a block of five, the cost is £175 (£35 per session).
If you book a block of ten, the cost is £325 (£32.50 per session).
Please note that for your first session (only) you are required to pay in advance. For all of the sessions, if you cancel on day then we ask you to pay a cancellation fee of £20.
If you’d like to book 1 to 1 Pilates + Reformer, please use the PayPal button below. You don’t have to have a PayPal account, as you can use this button to pay using your debit or credit card too.
IMPORTANT: If this is the first time you have done Pilates with us, please can you fill out a very short Health Questionnaire before you attend class. (It only takes 2 mins). It is necessary for your safety, our planning and for our Insurance purposes.Questionnaire