This is a course of 5 sessions, currently delivered online via Zoom.
If you would prefer to receive help on a 1:1 basis either via Zoom or in person then please do contact me regarding this. You can email me via this page. which also gives my phone number
ARVE Error: Mode: lazyload not available (ARVE Pro not active?), switching to normal mode
This course is for you if you would like to address:
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Faecal incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Conservative management of prolapse symptoms
- Generalised pelvic floor weakness. You may feel this has a specific cause, for example, following surgery, pregnancy & childbirth, or as a consequence of the Peri menopause, Menopause itself, or Post Menopause. However there are lifestyle factors which can cause weakness, pain, discomfort and problems. If you don’t have the classic risk factors for pelvic floor problems it can leave you feeling confused because you think “why have I got a problem? I haven’t had a baby, I’m not old”. Think again however. Our modern sedentary lifestyles, poor breathing habits or just sucking the belly habitually can contribute to difficulties
There are more details in our blog of how Pilates can help with pelvic floor problems.
The aim of these sessions is to take the time, in a small, in a nurturing, compassionate environment to:
- Understand the anatomy of the pelvic area
- Learn how to correctly identify and strengthen the Pelvic Floor
- Identify, stretch out and strengthen the other muscles of the pelvis, for example the gluteals of the buttocks, because how they function affects Pelvic Floor function
- Consider the interplay of other crucial factors such as constipation, back pain, breathing, general weakness in the body
- Look at the classic Kegel exercise, learn how to do it properly and also learn other exercises which will strengthen pelvic floor
- Look at the difference between urge incontinence and stress incontinence. Each needs a different approach although they do compliment each other
In the end, the aim is for your pelvic floor to function well, day to day, day to night, no matter what you are doing.
Cost: £75 for a course of 5 classes.
Included in the cost of the course is a recording of each Zoom session so that you can play it back within the week and go over the material and use it to help your self practice. In addition, optional membership of my private Facebook group for attendees past and present. You can pose questions there and view lots of pictures and bonus material.
Time & Date: Tuesday 6pm
Next Start Date: February 14th 2023
Please do contact me if you would like to talk about these classes or have any questions.
One final thing; expect homework. It will not be too onerous however it is very important to establish a short and regular routine of exercises to develop function and muscle tone in the PF
When you have booked your class, please can you fill out the Health Questionnaire below? Please give as much detail as you can. It is really helpful for me to know a bit about your Pelvic Health in advance.
The questionnaire data is encrypted when it is sent via the internet and password protected within my email system for your privacy and security.