This is a course of 3 sessions, currently delivered online via Zoom.
This course is for you if you would like to address:
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Faecal incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Conservative management of prolapse symptoms
- Generalised pelvic floor weakness following surgery, pregnancy & childbirth, or as a consequence of the Peri menopause, Menopause itself, or Post Menopause
There are more details in our blog of how Pilates can help with pelvic floor problems.
The aim of these sessions is to take the time, in a small, in a nurturing, compassionate environment to:
- Understand the anatomy of the pelvic area
- Learn how to correctly identify and strengthen the Pelvic Floor
- Identify, stretch out and strengthen the other muscles of the pelvis, for example the gluteals of the buttocks, because how they function affects Pelvic Floor function
- Consider the interplay of other crucial factors such as constipation, back pain, breathing, general weakness in the body
In the end, the aim is for your pelvic floor to function well, day to day, day to night, no matter what you are doing.
Cost: £36 for a course of 3 classes
Time & Date: Tuesday 6pm
Start Date TBC
Please do contact me if you would like to talk about these classes or have any questions.
Once you sign up you’ll be sent a questionnaire to fill out so that I can best understand your starting point and what you hope to achieve.
One final thing; expect homework , but nothing to onerous.
IMPORTANT: If this is the first time you have done Pilates with us, please can you fill out a very short Health Questionnaire before you attend class. (It only takes 2 mins). It is necessary for your safety, our planning and for our Insurance purposes.Questionnaire