Hygiene Policy for PilatesLeeds Live Classes
From now on the classes will be 55 minutes with a 10 minute break in between classes. The reason is to allow the air to settle in between groups allow the tutor time for cleaning. As you wait for class, please abide by social distancing as you queue.
At Pendas Way Community Centre and Wigton Moor Church and Treetops Community Centre you will arrive through the main door and leave via another one.
Please bring your own mat and cushion for your head. Alternatively we sell head pads and yoga bricks and can bring them to class for you. Click here for more details
We will provide no small equipment, for example, dynabands. Your Teacher will discuss whether as a group, you would all like to purchase bands, and/or small balls, and/or massage balls etc. Initially however, the classes will be equipment free.
Just as if you are entering a shop, please arrive wearing a mask. Once you are lain down on the floor you can remove it and then pop them back on again at the end of class.
There will be a gap of 2 metres between each mat and your tutor will mark out the spaces available in the room
There will be no hands-on correction. Verbal instructions only from your Teacher
Hand sanitiser will be provided for you to use before and after class.
The people in charge of these venues are unable to clean the toilets after each group has used the building. It is simply not feasible. If you think you might need to use the toilet, come prepared with some babywipes or your own sanitiser. Your Tutor will also be sanitising any door handles, flush handles, taps, hand driers etc in between classes.
Risk Assessment: Pilates Classes run by PilatesLeeds
Venues: Wigton Moor Church, LS17 & Pendas Way Community Centre, LS15
- Entrance / Exit separate in each venue
- Use of venues by other groups: Pendas CC can only be used by one group at a time because there is only one room. WMC has another community room with a separate entrance, exit and separate toilets. Only the car park is shared.
- Timings between classes . 10 minute gap
- Air Flow. Both venues contain fire doors directly onto the rooms. Fire Door at Pendas Way is faulty though. Needs flagging up again.
03.10.2020 texted Richard again re Pendas
There is also an issue regarding the rooms being too cold as we progress towards winter.
This requires discussion with each group. Basically to talk about the importance of fresh air and the need to wear more layers than we used to do in class. Already started the conversation at Pendas. To do at WMC, and ask Kati to do the same for her Tuesday people.
- Equipment: own mats, head cushions etc. Nothing shared at all
We are selling off for Charity all the old mats, dynabands and blocks. Nothing has been touched for 6 months. Beyond this Kati has new loop bands for sale at £1 for her people and I have bought green soft balls to sell to my people at cost.
- Social Distancing. Pendas CC is marked out. At WMC this needs doing for each evening. I have now created a 2m square brown paper template to make this easier and then each square can be marked by the day-glo 4 x 6 inch card
- Class sizes: Fine, safe and clear at Pendas CC. WMC may need reducing to 8.
07.10.2020 Need to recheck with my template before coming to a final decision about numbers. Class size is 8 for the time being
- No hands on correction. None; Tutor needs to stay away out of the 2m “safe” zone
- Masks: before and after class, not during
- Track and Trace System: automatic via the online booking system
- Body temperature check before class? The system uses a skin surface thermometer. I am unhappy about it because it feels invasive. Some participants are very keen though
w/c 05.10.2020. Will canvass opinion in classes. Facebook canvass was broadly in favour
- Socialising before and after class: This is beyond the remit of Pilates Leeds, both physically and morally. This is up to individuals what they chose to do