Hygiene Policy for PilatesLeeds Live Classes
Classes are 55 minutes with a 10 minute break in between classes. The reason is to allow the air to settle in between groups allow the tutor time for cleaning. As you wait for class, please abide by social distancing as you queue.
Please bring your own mat and cushion for your head. Alternatively we sell head pads and yoga bricks and can bring them to class for you. Click here for more details
We will provide no small equipment, for example, Dynabands. Your Teacher will discuss whether as a group, you would all like to purchase bands, and/or small balls, and/or spikey massage balls etc.
There will be a gap of approximately 2 metres by 2 metres between each mat and the booking system means a fixed number of people per class
There will be no hands-on correction. Verbal instructions only from your Teacher
Hand sanitiser will be provided for you to use before and after class, if you wish
The people in charge of these venues are unable to clean the toilets after each group has used the building. It is simply not feasible. If you think you might need to use the toilet, come prepared with some baby wipes or your own sanitiser. Your Tutor will also be sanitising any door handles, flush handles, taps, hand driers etc in between classes.
Alison has had 3 vaccines
Charlotte has had 2 with the booster due on 7th January
Kati is had all 3 vaccines
Risk Assessment: Pilates Classes run by AlisonPlantPilates
Pendas Way Community Centre (PWCC), LS15 & Treetops Community Centre, LS17 (TTCC) & Meanwood Insitute, LS6 (MI)
- Entrance / Exit separate at TTCC, shared at the other 2 venues but there is adequate queuing space outside
- Use of venues by other groups: PWCC , MI and TTCC can only be used by one group at a time because there is only one room.
- Timings between classes . 10 minute gap if there are 2 classes back to back
- Air Flow. Fire Door at Pendas Way is iffy but gives the best air flow. There are also 2 windows. TTCC has loads of excellent windows, more than is needed for good ventilation. MI has the main door and the windows open properly. It is the smallest room but very easy to fill with fresh air. As of Jan 2022 I am considering buying a Carbon Dioxide monitor. They have proved useful in classrooms
There is also an issue regarding the rooms being too cold in winter but as of January 2022 this has not been tested to its limit.
- Equipment: own mats, head cushions etc. Nothing shared at all, We have soft balls, bands, spiky massage balls, yoga bricks and mats to sell. We have a few clean mats at each venue if someone turns up without one
- Social Distancing. Pendas CC is marked out. I have created a 2m square brown paper template and used it at TTCC and MI and fixed the class numbers to allow for adequate space
- Class sizes: Fine, safe and clear at Pendas CC with 12. 10 at TTCC, 7 at MI.
- No hands on correction. None; Tutor needs to stay away out of the 2m “safe” zone
- Masks: for the tutors only as they are doing all the talking
- Track and Trace System: automatic via the online booking system
- Body temperature check before class? The system uses a skin surface thermometer. I am unhappy about it because it feels invasive. Some participants are very keen though. I canvassed opinion and on balance have decided not to go ahead with this
- Socialising before and after class: This is beyond the remit of AlisonPlantPilates, both physically and morally. This is up to individuals what they chose to do and it will all be outside
- Evidence of Covid Symptoms: this is extremely tricky. We must simply trust each other. Now that Omicron is presenting as a cough/cold I would expect anyone with that symptoms to stay away. However, a tiny sniffle is ok. If someone has a fever then they will be refused entry.